There are literally hundreds of online traffic and promotion options available for marketing your website. Of course, your priority should be to generate cash and so, wherever possible, incorporate “monetized” options into your activities.
Here are some basic traffic and promotion tips you may want to consider:
- Use your Blog – or create a new one for free at sites such as Blogger.com – and post reviews or other updates which can drive traffic to you there.
- Submit your blog at a site such as Pingomatic.com, so it gets picked up quickly by search engines.
- Write a review of your products and / or affiliate offers, letting people know how good they are. If the review is for an affiliate offer, make sure you include your affiliate link at the end of the review. Add these to your website / blog.
- Post new content, product reviews or recommendations on your Social Media accounts. If you are promoting a specific product or affiliate offer, encourage your readers to share your review. You can repeat your posts two or three times in a week to catch those who missed the original posting. Sometimes, you may need to post up to 7 times just to maximise coverage. This can seem over the top for some so temper your re-posting according to the nature of your friends / followers. For example, if your Faceook account is personal, then avoid repeating your posts.
- Join popular marketing forums such as WarriorForum.com, and make regular contributions to popular threads there. Be sure to go into your forum profile and edit your “signature”. Make a signature that includes your website / blog. That way, every time you make a post, anyone who sees it will see your signature and potentially click on your link to learn more about you.
- Once every few weeks post a press release at PRweb.com, in which you announce news updates, whats new on your website, new product reviews, etc. These sorts of services will help your press release get picked up by all major search engines, potentially sending you thousands of visitors.
- If you own a list of people who have opted in to receive email offers from you, send them an email featuring news, a promotion or new product release.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising: Using a PPC account from Google Adwords, Facebook, or many others, you can easily drive traffic to your site. If you wish, you can use this to promote affiliate offers although it is always best to send people directly to your own website / blog first and steer them from there to a product review or affiliate site.
- Establish Joint Ventures and other Relationships: This will give you 3rd parties who will promote your website / products to their databases.
Tips and tricks to earn more as an Affiliate:
- From our experience, you will get the best results from writing your own product reviews, even if they are short. You don’t have to be a good writer. Just write what you really think about the product. When you publish your product review, use your general affiliate link to send the reader to our website.
- You will have much better conversion if you’ll put your visitors into “pre-sold” mood before sending them to our site. Pre-sold mood means that you build interest in a product and the visitor has decided to potentially buy it after he reads your product review. Choose from various types of product descriptions, download and adjust them to fit in your site. Experiment with short or long, try to find perfect combination with banners.
- Try to think like your visitor. When he comes to your page for your review, you should draw attention, build curiosity or a feeling that he can benefit from this kind of solution.
- Experiment with different banners, text links, email copy and reviews. Keep those that bring good results, and change or drop the others. Sometimes a change of only few words or the color of the link can make a difference.