Advice, Contacts and Recommendations
Discover how to cut your back office overheads by 40% or more without having to spend thousands of dollars on travel to the Philippines …
Includes: Overviews on PROVEN service providers you can connect with today and much more
“This is excellent! I’ve seen first hand the devastation when this information is not known!!”
Lauren Reilly: Entrepreneur & Lecturer, Swinburne University
From The Desk Of:
George Notaras, Co-Founder, Wealthtraders.com
Dear Business Owner / Entrepreneur,
Want to save 40% or more on your back office overheads but hesitant to spend thousands of dollars to visit the Philippines to find out what is involved and whether offshoring can work for you?
Well an “evaluation / learning” visit to the Philippines is what I did when I first started outsourcing there (in 1994) and until recently, that’s what I would have recommended to anyone with an interest in cutting their back office overheads.
However, things have changed…
Now, with “Outsourcing to the Philippines made easy”, you can find out what is involved, what you need to consider, and how to get started from the comfort of your office or home … WITHOUT having to spend thousands of dollars on a visit.
Providing access to my experience as a user and manager of outsourcing operations in the Philippines since 1994, this unique program is jam packed with INDEPENDENT and UN-BIASED advice, contacts and recommendations to assist anyone who wants to:
- Cut costs by using an existing service provider / vendor
- Establish their own outsourcing service business in the Philippines – and help others
- Set-up an office / operation in the Philippines to service their own needs only
As it covers everything you need to know without having to spend thousands of dollars, this is where you should START!
Read on to learn more about this “one-of-a-kind” program…
Module #1: Learn How the Industry Works
Twenty three (23) “HOW TO” Guides
“Outsourcing to the Philippines made easy” provides a simple way to develop this knowledge base through “HOW TO” GUIDES full of solid advice, guidance and direction.
- The Mindset Needed To Maximize Results
- Challenges and Roadblocks You May Encounter
- “Legal” Requirements For Your Operation
- About: Multinational Service Providers
- About: Smaller “Specialist” Service Providers
- Build Your Own Team / Operation
- Service Provider Pricing Models
- Staff Remuneration Package Components
- Staff Benefits – Smart Ways To Attract and Retain Staff
- Indicative Base Salary Levels
- Three Ways To Find The Best Staff For Your Project
- Training For Operations Staff
- Mentoring / Training For Managers
- Preparing Your Requirements Summary / Specification
This is where you need to start BEFORE speaking to any vendor or visiting the Philippines.
Module #2: Connect with “Proven” Service Providers
Deal Direct – No Brokerage Involved
Get “direct” access to PROVEN providers of business process outsourcing services, copywriters, web developers, SEO experts, and more without spending hours, days or weeks searching…
Referrals are often the best way to find a suitable supplier / vendor in almost any industry simply because you need a way to get around the “smoke and mirrors” which vendors almost always use when promoting themselves. A quality referral can often be the difference between success and failure when outsourcing.
Outsourcing Connect is in some ways a referral service although I prefer to describe it as a service which gives you a summary of proven service providers we have “QUALIFIED” on your behalf.
These summaries give you a way to move faster and with less risk. We are NOT a Broker – you need to connect directly with whoever you wish in these summaries and negotiate directly. No Brokerage fees can represent big savings to you!
These “qualified” service providers are summarized in two lists:
LIST #1: “Multinational” Service Providers
- Contains ONLY service providers where we know (or have met) managers and / or operations staff within their Philippines operations.
- This list comprises companies who handle big accounts such as: Comcast – Microsoft — Direct TV – Telstra – Barclays – Citibank — US Airways — Serious XM – Optus – Verizon – Sprint – Dell — AT&T – Zynga — Frontier.
- These multinational service providers are included in a single list with a link to their website so you can learn more.
- There are “links” to seventeen (17) companies on this list. Each of them has operations in multiple locations around the world. (There are additional multinational service providers based in the Philippines but I have had no contact with any of their management or staff so they are not included here.)
LIST #2: Smaller “SPECIALIST” Service Providers and Tier 1 Contractors
- Contains companies we have personally dealt with plus a few which our clients and friends use or speak highly of who meet our selection criteria.
- Focus is on specialists with a PROVEN TRACK HISTORY.
- Featured companies / contractors are presented within Categories as listed below. Each Category includes an introduction which explains key points you should consider. There are 18 categories within the program, each featured in a separate list.
- Many of the businesses included in these lists are very low key whose businesses have been built on referrals. In some cases, you will not hear of or find them elsewhere.
- Focus is on service providers in the Philippines although “specialists” based in the USA, Europe. Australia, and Thailand are also included as in some categories, you will want to work with Tier 1 providers regardless of price.
- Only companies and contractors who are reliable, offer continuity, are responsive, and have a healthy approach to the delivery of service have been included in our listings. Companies which do not meet these criteria – and there are many – have NOT been included in this summary.
The categories listed include:
- Company Set Up (Philippines specific)
- BPO’s and Call Centers (Dedicated Staff) – multiple disciples including Accounting, Virtual Assistant, Financial, IT, Technical Staff, Support Services, Campaign Management, and Lead Generation specialists
- Content Services
- SEO / SEM and Social Media Marketing
- Venues for Meetings and Presentations (Philippines specific)
- Visual Media – Animation, Video, Documentaries, Commercials, and Short Movies
- Website Development, Graphic Design and Mobile Apps
- and more…
Each service provider overview includes contact points so you can get a DIRECT dialogue going with them.
- BPO’s and Call Centers involve DEDICATED STAFF. The other categories listed above are Premium providers and contractors who, in many cases, will consider one-off requirements.
- As some service providers cover multiple functions, they are listed in multiple categories / lists
- Coverage is broad so that when you have a need in a new / additional area, you know who to contact.
- This list will be expanded and updated progressively.
With LIST #2, a detailed overview – including contact details – on each featured service provider is provided:
Data and Campaign Management
Module #3: Get Started With a Visit
Recommendations when visiting Manila
I have hosted hundreds of visitors to the Philippines since 2003 and, when in Manila, I get to meet overseas visitors almost daily. Once these people hear of my experience living in the country and what I do, they invariably ask me for recommendations on where to go and what to do during their stay.
The reason: tourist brochures simply do not provide information on many of the things visitors would like to experience and invariably have been compiled for general tourists rather than business-oriented visitors.
With a focus on expat-oriented venues and activities, Manila Assist gives you a simple reference point for getting the most out of your stay in Manila. It features fourteen (14) Guides in the following areas:
- Where to Stay – a variety of 3-5 star hotels in Makati
- Entertainment and Dining
- Golf Courses – including detailed overviews on 7 world class courses
- Medical Services
- Concierge, Transportation, and Tours
- Networking Options
Only SAFE places and activities are included.
Value: Get the most out of your visit/s
Module #4: Get Started / Underway
Special Add-ons to help you get started
Once you decide to outsource, your immediate focus should be on getting your basic processes right. However, that is just the start as there are other issues you will need to address initially and on an ongoing basis. The following will help you with some of these…
Add-on #1 – 27 Essential Business Agreements
27 Essential Business Agreements is a collection of “base” agreements which you can modify and use in your outsourcing and general business activities.
It gives you access to “base” agreements for: Non-Disclosure, Heads of Agreement, Employment Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements and more.
This product is already being used by service providers within the Philippines plus users of their services.You can use these “base” agreements in all your business activities.
Add-on #2 – Buyers Advantage
In the “Mentoring / Training for Senior Staff” HOW TO Guide, I explain how our Buyers Advantage program can help you in this area.
In the “Staff Benefits” HOW TO Guide, I outline the importance of positioning yourself to attract and retain quality senior staff and give three examples of the growing importance of “personal growth”, a priority for some ahead of salary.
This special benefits package gives you the ability to gain access to the diverse range of personal development, coaching, and Internet marketing products available on this site – for mentoring and staff benefits purposes – at up to 50% discount 24/7, 365 days of the year. In other words, when you are ready…
You Can Access This Program 24/7 Anywhere In The World
All of the above are delivered via a secure Member Area which you can access anytime from anywhere, including when in the Philippines and you need to quickly reference an item.
All materials can be viewed on a cell, tablet, notepad or desktop.
This is a self paced program so you can review as much as you wish in each session. A simple Menu structure allows you to go directly to where you want with ease.
Since it is delivered online, you get access to all updates immediately.
Is This Program For You?
When preparing this, I took into consideration the types of companies currently outsourcing to the Philippines PLUS the diverse range of overseas visitors I have met (and assisted) when visiting Manila specifically to evaluate or progress outsourcing options.
Putting aside the big companies who need hundreds or thousands of staff, these include:
- Accountants and Lawyers who want to reduce back office costs, some of which can be performed offshore at a dramatically lower cost.
- Business Consultants: Your clients will at some point ask you questions about outsourcing, The more you know, including how to help / guide them, is beneficial. This will give you the knowledge and contact base you need.
- Entrepreneurs: You are probably moving quickly and need someone to co-ordinate your schedule. A personal assistant is just one way to keep things flowing … and that’s just one task you can outsource.
- Online and Offline Marketers: Outsource tasks such as social media marketing, website development, online support and much more to someone who knows what they are doing but isn’t going to cost you an arm and a leg.
- Publishers: This includes converting old books into electronic format through to tasks for current and new publications, including advertising sales, graphic design, and more.
- Sales Organizations: Lead generation, appointment setting, and many more functions can be performed at a lower cost.
- Software Development: A growing segment with teams being set up to “supplement your home team”, again at a lower cost.
The above highlights the diversity of the outsourcing sector in the Philippines … and why sole traders, small and medium businesses are now outsourcing there.
Get This Unique Program TODAY…
“Outsourcing to the Philippines made easy“ is a “one-of-a-kind” product as a lot of what is shared is not available through any other SINGLE source. In fact, you would normally need to spend thousands of dollars – in hard cash and / or your time – to acquire the advice, contacts and recommendations it provides.
To re-cap, here is what this unique program provides:
- 23 x “How To” Guides
- Outsourcing Connect – 18 x service provider listings
- Manila Assist – 14 x Manila Guides
- Add-on #1: 27 Essential Business Agreements
- Add-on #2: Buyers Advantage access
TOTAL VALUE of ALL RESOURCES: US$464
You Pay: : US$197.00
Order anytime, even at 3am in the morning!
- Within minutes of your order being approved, you will receive an email with login details to your Member Area for this product.
- Please add support AT wealthtraders DOT com to ensure receipt of these instructions.
- A 30 days no questions asked money back guarantee applies when purchased through the above link.
An investment of
US$247 US$197 is very small when you consider that to build a comparable knowledge and contact base upon which you can make informed decisions is probably going to cost you 10 times or more.
Don’t delay. Get “Outsourcing to the Philippines made easy” TODAY and start preparing yourself for savings of 40% or more on your back office needs.
To your success,
About George Notaras